MAGIC hosted its first fundraising event called Hack and Sip. Guests were treated to a fun-filled evening where they deepened their understanding of tech, wine, and MAGIC. The event was held at the Ting office in Downtown Westminster.
There were 4 hacking stations hosted by local tech leaders:
- Password Security, Joe Maurio
- Wireless Security, Thomas Bethune of Freedom Broadband
- Phishing & SPAM, Zach Tomlin of Tomlin Technology
- Programming Robots, Jason Stambaugh and Robert Wack of MAGIC
The event featured a sipping of 5 wines hosted by Bernie Vogel, Sommelier and Owner of JeannieBird Baking Company:
- Cote Mas Cremant di Limoux Brut (Sparkling) - Languedoc, France
- Feudi di San Gregorio Falanghina - Campagnia, Italy
- Bonny Doon Clos de Gilroy Grenache - Central Coast, California
- Faustino I Rioja Gran Riserva 2001 - Rioja, Spain
- Taylor Fladgate Late Bottled Vintage Port 2011 - Duoro, Portugal
Thanks also to Bernie Vogel for donating a gift basket, containing a bottle of wine from his personal cellar, which was auctioned off at the event.
100% of the proceeds from the Hack and Sip will fuel MAGIC's operations and mission thanks to Chain Bridge Financial Group's generous sponsorship.